Rama Setu: ASI affidavit fall-out, finding scapegoats, Sonia Gandhi tries to escape chargesheet

Rama Setu: ASI affidavit fall-out, finding scapegoats, Sonia Gandhi tries to escape chargesheet

Shame on the Central Govt. that they should make two officials of ASI the scapegoats.

The real culprits are Ambika Soni and Sonia Gandhi (aka Antonia Maino of Luciano). It is clear that the ASI affidavit could not have been submitted to the SC without clearance from the supreme of the UPA government, Sonia Gandhi.

The person to be chargesheeted should be Sonia Gandhi.

Sonia and PM should not only apologise; they should quit the office of profit that they hold.

Sri Rama needs no proof in any forum. He is the very embodiment of dharma, vigrahavaan dharmah and is enshrined in every heart of every hindu, every Indian, every Bharatiya everywhere.

The Central Government led by Hon’ble PM Manmohan Singh will do well to scrap the Setu channel project and announce, in lieu, a Marine Economic Zone (MEZ) for Gulf of Mannar and Palk Strait with a target to increase the foreign exchange earnings of the marine people from the present Rs. 2000 crores per annum to Rs. 10,000 crores per annum in the next 2 years.

This MEZ will make Bharatam the vallarasu (superpower).

k

Sethu: ASI finds 2 officials guilty, to chargesheet them

Amitabh Sinha

Posted online: Thursday, December 13, 2007 at 0000 hrs IST

New Delhi, December 12

An internal inquiry by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has found two of its officers prima facie guilty of not carrying out government instructions, which led to the filing of the controversial affidavit in the Supreme Court on the Sethusamundram project in September.

The two officers—Director (Administration) Chandrasekhar and Assistant Director (Monuments) V Bakshi—had been suspended following the revelation that ASI had failed to carry out some corrections in the affidavit as suggested by the Culture Ministry.

The officers will now be issued a chargesheet and a formal departmental inquiry will be instituted into the matter, a Government source told The Indian Express. “A decision has been taken to initiate administrative action against the two officers,” the source said.

Incidentally, their suspension orders were also revoked on Wednesday and they were asked to resume duties with immediate effect.

“All the papers have already been collected from them and it has been ascertained that they are not in a position to interfere with the inquiry proceedings,” the source said.

The two officers were suspended on September 14, a day after the controversy broke out.

The ASI affidavit had created a major political storm by questioning the existence of Lord Ram while arguing that the Adam’s Bridge in the sea water separating India and Sri Lanka was a natural formation.

The portion in the affidavit that had come under attack said the “contents of the Valmiki Ramayana, Ramcharitmanas by Tulsidas and other mythological texts, which admittedly form an important part of ancient Indian literature, cannot be said to be historical record to incontrovertibly prove the existence of the characters, or the occurrence of the events, depicted therein”.

It was later learnt that top bureaucrats of the Culture Ministry had deleted the phrase “to incontrovertibly prove the existence of the characters, or the occurrence of the events, depicted therein” before sending it to the ASI.

http://www.indianexpress.com/story/249641.html

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: