‘Dredging on Setu project to complete after SC vacates stay’ — TR Baalu

‘Dredging on Setu project to complete after SC vacates stay’

Chennai, Dec 08: Dredging work on the controversial Sethusamudram project would be completed soon after getting the stay on the work near Palk Straits vacated by the Supreme Court, Union Shipping Minister T R Baalu said on Saturday.

Talking to reporters on the sidelines of a function here, he said dredging was going as per schedule, barring the Palk Straits, where the Apex Court had stayed the work.

Janata Party President Subramanian Swamy and some other organisations had got a stay in the court on the plea that the dredging would destroy the `Ram Setu`, believed to have been constructed by Lord Ram to cross to Sri Lanka.

Baalu said: “we are confident that Supreme Court will lift its stay on dredging work at the Adams Bridge(Ram Setu) area at the earliest”.
He said he had issued a legal notice to Swamy for his `baseless` allegation that the tender to quarry sand at the SCCP site had been awarded to his son.

Earlier, he distributed colour television sets as part of the state government`s free distribution scheme.

Bureau Report

http://tinyurl.com/2mejj9

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: